Making a complaint

We want to give you the best possible service.  However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided then you should inform us immediately so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues.  If you would like to make a formal complaint then you can read our full complaints procedure which is available on request. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first  If you have then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman.

  • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint.


  • No more than six years from the date of admission; or
  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint

Contact Details

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour.  This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit our website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority

Further help

If you require further assistance, please contact the Professional ethics helpline

You may have the right to object to an invoice by applying to the Court for an assessment of it under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974.  The Legal Ombudsman may not deal with a complaint about our invoices if you have applied to Court for an assessment.  Applying to Court to challenge an invoice is governed by its own Rules as set out in the Solicitors Act 974  If you wish to consider making such an application we would invite you to consider the procedures contained in the Act and obtain independent legal advice.